Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The All-Important Introduction

Hello Blog World!


Now I'm not exactly new to blogging, considering I've attempted to start MANY in the past; it's just that I had never quite found my niche in the business. I believe now I've found a subject about which I know a relatively large amount: myself. More specifically, my childhood. Let me break it down.


Starting from age 8, I documented extremely non-important elements from my life into a book. Which then became a diary. Which then became a journal. I continued this trend, on and off, until college. I'm now 26. At this time in my life, I've been re-examining these "journals" and, for one reason or another, I felt a desire to share these entries with the world. Henceforth, I have created this blog, appropriately titled "Hey, Youth". Now let me carefully explain how I'll make this work:


It's my intention to post (almost) every journal entry I ever made, starting from February 1993 (age 8), up through 2005 (age 21). I will do this consecutively, so readers can follow my growth and development, or lack thereof. I'll most likely post a few entries per blog, starting, of course, with my first ever entry. This will likely include comments from my present self, as well as visual aids (oh yes, there are pictures).


Let me first briefly tell you a little bit about myself, just in case you have no idea who I am: my name is Evan, and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I'm 26 years old, and I freakin' love life. I grew up outside of Chicago, where I enjoyed life with my family, theatre, singing, tennis, skiing, and of course, writing. After high school, I pursued an education at Syracuse University, where I studied Communications & Spanish. I moved out to LA after graduating to pursue a career in film, which I did successfully, however I despised living there. I decided to try my luck in NYC, which is where I am now, happily working in Independent Film, spending time with amazing friends, and traveling a whole heck of a lot (I discovered it's actually my favorite thing to do. Ever). I'm very grateful for the life I lead, and I am passionate about the industry in which I work, and being surrounded by amazing family and friends. Oh right, I'm also crazy, paranoid, obsessed with time, am extremely sarcastic, have a ridiculously sensitive stomach, and I spazz about things too much. But who's keeping track, right? 


I have no idea if anyone will ever see or read this. If you do, then I'm guessing you probably know me in real life. Or maybe you don't. If it's the latter, you must probably wonder why this would interest you. I can't say that it will, but let me declare this: kids do, in fact, say the darndest things, am I right? I think I pretty much exemplify that notion. 


I'm really excited to get this thing started. And I should mention, I really don't care to attract a million followers, or even one. I have no problem sharing this with whomever is interested, but I ultimately think I'm doing this for my own little self. It's almost therapeutic in a way, wouldn't you say? Reliving your childhood, I believe, makes for a stronger sense of self. And that's just what I've set out to do. So without further ado, please stay tuned for Evan's very first journal entry, dated February 18th, 1993.


The cover of my beautiful first "Diary"

No comments:

Post a Comment